such: tel, pareil, ce type
I've never heard of such a thing! Je n'ai jamais entendu une chose pareille!
such as: comme, tel(le) que
It was at a circus such as this one that Luna discovered her first love. He was an acrobat named Steve. C'est dans un cirque comme celui-ci que Luna a rencontré son premier amour. C'était un acrobate dénommé Steve.
(It was) such (a boring movie that I fell asleep!): (C'était un film) tellement (ennuyeux que je me suis endormi !)
- "He told me I must be careful of bloodsuckers such as yourself."
- "I was under the impression that a customer service department and a customer service hotline had been put into place exactly to handle situations such as this one."
- "We can assure you that Delavigne never uses aldehydes in its perfumes, because of their negative effects on elderly people such as yourself."
- "Close relationships with organized crime, such as the Teamsters Union's ties with mafia boss Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano, led the government to change its traditionally benevolent stance."
- "I am actively seeking an executive assistant opportunity in a demanding, fast-paced, multi-tasking environment such as the Delavigne Corporation."
- "New president of Europe Brian Alistair Jones, the winner in a hotly contested election that divided citizens over issues such as a national cheese, sits in his office with a reflective look on his face."
- "Only a man would take you to such an awful place."
- "Bethany : Hmm. Phone calls are worthless in cases such as these."
- "In diverse cities such as New York and San Francisco, delicatessens specialize in everything from Chinese fortune cookies to Italian pastas."
- "We can assure you that Delavigne never uses aldehydes in its perfumes, because of their adverse effects on elderly people such as yourself."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Such' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !