Tradução & Definição
despite: apesar de, não obstante
Despite vem sempre seguido de um sujeito (ou de um verbo no gerúndio):
Despite his size, he was a very good athlete. Apesar do seu tamanho, ele era um ótimo atleta.
Despite eating burgers every day, she never gains weight. Apesar de comer hambúrgueres todos os dias, ela não engorda.
UK: I enjoyed our trip to the Seychelles, despite the weather.
US: Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage.
- "Despite these steps, the server is still on its death bed."
- "It's true that Stickypedia is maintained by anonymous volunteers rather than renowned experts, but despite this, it works remarkably well!"
- "You'll be pleased to know that despite our little incident, I managed to talk those suckers at "Smells R Us" into renewing their orders for the upcoming year."
- "Despite their reputation for spontaneous combustion in the 1930s, airships are back."
- "Despite his humble beginnings in the deepest, darkest Amazon, General Oléré stood out like a shining star."
- "Despite gloomy financial forecasts for its competitors, the perfume giant is set to have one of their most successful Christmases ever with sales up 15% since this time last year."
- "However, despite my tastes and means, I cannot be expected to keep buying fine art out of my own pocket, and I will bring up the matter of finances at the next shareholders meeting."
- "They are trying to break me, Bruno, and I am afraid that despite my rugged, tough exterior, I may not last."
- "Delavigne, San Francisco's renowned playboy, insisted on piloting the balloon himself, despite having only limited experience flying dirigibles."
- "First of all, you'll be happy to know that despite Bruno's absence, our shareholders still have confidence in us."
Ainda tem dificuldades com 'Despite' (vocabulário inglês e traduções)? Quer melhorar o seu inglês? Faça o teste de nosso curso de inglês online e receba uma avaliação de nível grátis!