Tradução & Definição
to keep: manter, conservar
We will keep the contract until you make a decision. Nós manteremos o contrato até que você tome uma decisão.
Let's keep this discreet. Vamos manter a discrição.
Esse verbo é irregular
I keep / I kept / I have kept
to keep (on) doing something: manter-se fazendo alguma coisa
- "Bob the Brit : You heard the man, now keep your hands up!"
- "It's where we keep our craziest dogs."
- "Plus you keep yelling "man overboard" while using the toilet."
- "We're going to keep Mr. Gidyeon in custody."
- "My job is to keep you all alive during this mission."
- "Bruno : I said 'sometimes I keep a pen'... in my pocket."
- "Susie : I'm fine, I just keep misunderstanding what you're saying to me."
- "Passengers are requested to keep their possessions with them at all times."
- "For the last 2 days we have had to immobilise him. He has been trying to lick his own bottom, he keeps dancing to the music in his head, and worst of all, he sometimes tries to polish an imaginary teapot."
- "Ms. Lohan already sits on our board of trustees, however she is considering investing a large amount of capital in the company, which would allow us to finally purchase the island zoo that everyone keeps asking about."
Ainda tem dificuldades com 'Keep' (vocabulário inglês e traduções)? Quer melhorar o seu inglês? Faça o teste de nossas aulas de inglês online e receba uma avaliação de nível grátis!