Tradução & Definição
a lack (of): uma falta (de)
to lack: faltar, não ter
The story is not finished. It lacks an ending. A estória não está acabada. Falta um final.
for lack of por falta de
- "A lack of leisure facilities has been suggested as being one of the main causes."
- "The lack of content in your message is one thing - I spend half my day reading emails which say nothing."
- "People who chronically lack sleep are also more likely to become depressed."
- "What you lack is a cool head, and a little patience."
- "I've slipped a little box of chocolates under your door to apologise for the lack of wine."
- ""Sleep is essential... at least 8 hours for most adults... lack of sleep leads to bad health... high blood pressure... heart disease... poor performance at work"... Ey up, that sounds serious!"
- "Brian : No, it was fine sir, it's just that it lacks a bit of pizzaz, oomph, flavour, zippidy doo dah zippidy day."
- "I also hope that the auditor won't inspect our records (or lack of them)."
- "Lack of sleep leads to irritability, poor behavior and trouble with relationships, especially among children and teens."
Ainda tem dificuldades com 'Lack' (vocabulário inglês e traduções)? Quer melhorar o seu inglês? Faça o teste de nosso curso de inglês online e receba uma avaliação de nível grátis!