Tradução & Definição
nearly : quase, aproximadamente
I've been working at Delavigne for nearly fifteen years now. Eu trabalho na Delavigne há quase quinze anos.
(I) nearly (had a heart attack): (Eu) quase (tive um ataque cardíaco)
QuandoNearly vem seguido de um verbo, ele pode ser traduzido por "quase"
I nearly lost my job for smoking in the office. Quase perco meu emprego por fumar no escritório.
- "Brian : Nearly eight dollars."
- "I ate so much I nearly split my pants."
- "The sun is rising, it is nearly dawn."
- "The group, led by twin brothers Desmond and Brian Jones, is back together after a messy break-up nearly 20 years ago."
- "Bruno : I'm sorry, Mrs. Yang, but Miracle Juices has been a dream of ours for nearly 2 months now, and I'm not willing to part with it so soon."
- "-In a recent survey, nearly 70% of customers indicated that they wanted their needs and desires met prior to having to ask."
- "I nearly got lost on the golf course."
- "Captain Donny Dare has since amassed over 14,000 hours of flight time and nearly 300 enemy kills."
- "Our lab tests reveal nearly fatal levels of mescaline, bath salts and bong water in his system, as well as trace elements of orange juice and horse tranquilizer."
Ainda tem dificuldades com 'Nearly' (vocabulário inglês e traduções)? Quer melhorar o seu inglês? Faça o teste de nosso curso de inglês online e receba uma avaliação de nível grátis!