Tradução & Definição
otherwise: caso contrário, de outra forma, diferentemente, senão
Stay here unless you're told otherwise. Fique aqui a menos que digam o contrário.
You have to make this call, otherwise I won't sign the contract. Você deve fazer esta ligação, caso contrário eu não assinarei o contrato.
He says that he's single, but I know otherwise. Ele diz que é solteiro, mas ele não me engana.
UK: She has a big nose but otherwise she is very good looking.
US: Take a taxi, otherwise you'll be late!
- "Lots of talent, but you need to have the right agent to promote you, otherwise you'll never make it in Hollywood."
- "At the hotel room, well, I did actually receive an important phone call, otherwise I would have happily made love to her."
- "Otherwise, I look forward to seeing you next week."
- "Otherwise it'll be toast for breakfast, dinner, and tea until the end of the month, and a big lad like me needs to keep his energy up."
- "However, I can tell you that the initiative kills two birds with one stone: not only should it improve the level of hygiene in the office, it will also provide a permanent use for otherwise useless intern, Edward Moon."
- "I must thank you and your organization for the opportunity to meet Mr. Cheeter, he has certainly brought a little bit of sunshine into my otherwise drab existence."
- "And I thank God that I am a woman and you are a boy, and not the other way round, otherwise I would be in prison."
- "Otherwise, leave us alone to get on with our work."
Ainda tem dificuldades com 'Otherwise' (vocabulário inglês e traduções)? Quer melhorar o seu inglês? Faça o teste de nossas aulas de inglês online e receba uma avaliação de nível grátis!
HTML Comment Box is loading comments...