Tradução & Definição
(There are three) people (in the room): (Há três) pessoas (no quarto)
"People" is a collective noun often used as the plural form of "person" (rather than "persons").
The people are hungry. As pessoas têm fome.
a people: o povo
(There are too many) people (here): (Há) gente (demais aqui)
- "We're joined by the people with strangest accents in all of San Francisco, and maybe the world."
- "Today, as my personal assistant Brian Jones and I explored this city and talked to the native people, I was struck by the differences between our two countries."
- "All : Some people stand by the water"
- "Bruno : We've had equal rights for black people, Spanish-Americans, women, the disabled, gays, even disabled gays."
- "Some people sit on a blanket"
- "Alright, 682 people down, and only 2 more people to apologize to."
- "Dad : Oh, believe me, I grew up with Grandpa Xavier, and plenty of people think he's weird."
- "They are a source of mystery, curiosity and even obsession for people across the world(s)."
- "Please listen to his advice and remember: he's here to help (and hopefully impress people in high places)."
- "I don't want people feeling sorry for me."
Ainda tem dificuldades com 'People' (vocabulário inglês e traduções)? Quer melhorar o seu inglês? Faça o teste de nosso curso de inglês online e receba uma avaliação de nível grátis!