Traducción & Definición
to award (a prize to someone): otorgar (un premio a alguien)
an award: un premio, una recompensa, una condecoración
to award: premiar, recompensar
UK: He was awarded $5,000 in damages.
US: She won an award at the film festival.
- "Philip : Nominated for a Smelly Award."
- "On the Internet, the clip of you at the award show has been viewed over a million times, and hits on the Delavigne website have quadrupled since last night..."
- "Ladies and gentlemen, here are the nominees for the Smelly Award for "Male fragrance of the year"."
- "After six months of record sales, Philip was awarded the position of Director, which he held ever since."
- "Accepting this award is Kalvin Krime himself."
- "Give me the award!"
- "Watching your "performance" yesterday at the Smelly Awards, I felt a wide spectrum of emotions: Disappointment."
- "This is obviously a great honor, and a few of us will be flying to Los Angeles next week for the award ceremony."
- "In the event of flight cancellations, compensation will be awarded."
- "Our company's marquee perfume release last year, "Adonis for men", has been nominated for a "Smelly" award, the most prestigious award in the perfume industry."
Aún tienes dificultades con 'Award' (Vocabulario inglés)? ¿Quieres mejorar tu Inglés? Haga la prueba de nuestro curso de inglés en línea y reciba una evaluación de nivel gratis!