Traducción & Definición
to award (a prize to someone): otorgar (un premio a alguien)
an award: un premio, una recompensa, una condecoración
to award: premiar, recompensar
UK: He was awarded $5,000 in damages.
US: She won an award at the film festival.
- "Our company's marquee perfume release last year, "Adonis for men", has been nominated for a "Smelly" award, the most prestigious award in the perfume industry."
- "Accepting this award is Kalvin Krime himself."
- "Ladies and gentlemen, here are the nominees for the Smelly Award for "Male fragrance of the year"."
- "On the Internet, the clip of you at the award show has been viewed over a million times, and hits on the Delavigne website have quadrupled since last night..."
- "Give me the award!"
- "In the event of flight cancellations, compensation will be awarded."
- "Philip : Nominated for a Smelly Award."
- "After six months of record sales, Philip was awarded the position of Director, which he held ever since."
- "Watching your "performance" yesterday at the Smelly Awards, I felt a wide spectrum of emotions: Disappointment."
- "This is obviously a great honor, and a few of us will be flying to Los Angeles next week for the award ceremony."
Aún tienes dificultades con 'Award' (Vocabulario inglés)? ¿Quieres mejorar tu Inglés? Haga la prueba de nuestro curso de inglés online y reciba una evaluación de nivel gratis!