Traducción & Definición
to fail: fallar, fracasar
Note the most common constructions of the verb "to fail": "to fail + object (I failed my math test)"; "to fail + to + infinitive verb (He failed to warn me about the hurricane)"; 'to fail + in/at + ING verb (I failed in negotiating the contract).
I failed my exams miserably. Suspendí mis exámenes rotundamente.
He failed to convince me. No pudo convencerme.
She failed in resolving the problem. No ha logrado resolver el problema.
a failure: un fracaso
Kalvin Krime's latest perfume is a major failure. El último perfume de Kalvin Krime fue un fracaso total.
- "I was a no-good cowboy with a failed department store and a ton of debt."
- "You failed my Star Wars quiz."
- "Definition: a written or spoken expression of one's regret, remorse, or sorrow for having insulted, failed, injured, or wronged another."
- "A recent survey carried out at Kingston University has shown that an alarming 56% of managers who conduct interviews fail to recognize what constitutes an improper interview question."
- "plots and conspiracies, failed assassination attempts, 10 most wanted cats in Sweden."
- "Fail in this mission, and my wrath will be swift and brutal."
- "Failed ladies' man with a troubled childhood"
- "Brian : I demand recompense... Take a new companion... Fail in this mission, and my wrath will be swift and brutal... Aaah!"
- "The Serious Fraud office has been called in, and, although they haven't officially announced their findings yet, the Sunday Roast has THE scoop: it appears that Leeson had been netting huge losses on unauthorised deals, and falsifying information to cover up his failures."
- "The column rounds up the week's winners and losers and contrasts their successes and failures."
Aún tienes dificultades con 'Fail' (Vocabulario inglés)? ¿Quieres mejorar tu Inglés? Haga la prueba de nuestro curso de inglés en línea y reciba una evaluación de nivel gratis!