Traducción & Definición
(she) no longer (dances): (ella) ya no (baila)
No longer is the equivalent to "any longer" but is used exclusively in affirmative constructions:
They are no longer together. Ya no están juntos.
(she doesn't sing) any longer: (ella) ya no (canta)
Any longer is the equivalent to "no longer" but is used exclusively in negative and interrogative constructions:
I can't take it any longer! ¡Ya no aguanto más!
Is he planning to stay any longer? ¿Tiene intención de quedarse más tiempo?
- "Your performance on memory tests has impressed me from afar, and truly, when you checked the box marked "No need to review", it was then that I realized I could no longer keep my deep admiration for you a secret."
- "Horatio and I are no longer partners."
- "No longer making statements about America winning back-to-back world wars"
- "Anything below that and we no longer do business with you."
- "That's in the United Kingdom, which today is no longer so united."
- "Only three candidates remain, and although I can no longer remember what job these people are applying for, they must be very good at something to make it to this stage, which is very encouraging."
- "You're no longer working in the canteen!"
- "I should never have returned to Europe: me and my kind are no longer welcome."
- "If Gidyeon decides to slash his prices again, I promise you that we will no longer do business with him, and we will consider legal action against him. I've learned from my sources that this liquidation sale was only advertised online for a few days, and that the page views on the website were modest, so I hope that your sales weren't adversely affected."
- "I no longer care about the age difference between us."
Aún tienes dificultades con 'No longer' (Vocabulario inglés)? ¿Quieres mejorar tu Inglés? Haga la prueba de nuestro curso de inglés online y reciba una evaluación de nivel gratis!