Traducción & Definición
to operate (a machine): operar, hacer funcionar, accionar (una máquina)
to operate (on somebody's heart): operar (a alguien en el corazón)
an operation (medicine, business): una operación, una intervención (médica, de negocios)
UK: Do you know how to operate a photocopier?
US: The surgeon operated on her appendix.
- "I'd really like to learn a new language or two, so I could operate more efficiently in, say, the Middle Eastern sector."
- "Operated By: MIRACLE AIRLINES"
- "You won't be able to remove your bandages for four to six hours after the operation."
- "Of course, with all this information, the scammers can perform just about any operation they like with the account, including taking all the money out of it."
- "This looks like a rescue operation, Brent."
- "I hope to tour your factory during operating hours, however I don't want to disturb the production process!"
- "The only disadvantage is that some workers need to use both of their hands to operate machinery."
- "As a result of the operation, Mr. Connors was physically unable to drive his own car, due to the bandages covering his eyes, which is why Mr. Marron happened to be at the wheel."
- "A co-branding operation seems to be the obvious solution."
Aún tienes dificultades con 'Operate' (Vocabulario inglés)? ¿Quieres mejorar tu Inglés? Haga la prueba de nuestro curso de inglés en línea y reciba una evaluación de nivel gratis!