Traducción & Definición
a quarter (coin): un "quarter" (moneda de 25 centavos de dólar en los Estados Unidos)
Un quarter es una moneda de 25 centavos en Estados Unidos. Un quarter literalmente significa "un cuarto (¼)."
a quarter (25 cents) un cuarto de dólar
the (Latin) quarter: el barrio (latino)
a (financial) quarter: un trimestre (financiero)
UK: Villon lived in the Latin Quarter of Paris.
US: Could you lend me a quarter? I need a cola.
- "Brian : It's a temporary downturn in economic activity, usually indicated by two consecutive quarters of a falling GDP."
- "To say thank you for all your hard work lately, and to celebrate our moderately successful first quarter sales, I'm pleased to announce that the senior staff of the Delavigne Corporation will be taking a team-building trip this weekend!"
- "Bordello Breeze: last quarter you ordered 50,000 units."
- "Bob : But it's only a quarter to two!"
- "According to my records, you bought 30,000 units last quarter."
- "You know how it works: we'll look at how your Delavigne products have been selling this quarter, what you'd like to order more of, what you've still got in stock, etc."
- "Krazy Gidyeon's Perfume Warehouse.com is slashing prices on all Delavigne perfumes as part of our crazy quarterly liquidation sale!"
- "When we arrived in Paris, he took me to a restaurant in the Latin quarter for a romantic dinner."
- "I've got your orders from last quarter right in front of me, so let's get the ball rolling."
- "And then I'm supposed to have a meeting with Philip and talk about the sales budget for the next quarter, and I just know he's going to ask me for more stuff that I can't afford to allocate him, and - well - you know what Philip's like, and... It's just too much, mommy!"
Aún tienes dificultades con 'Quarter' (Vocabulario inglés)? ¿Quieres mejorar tu Inglés? Haga la prueba de nuestro curso de inglés en línea y reciba una evaluación de nivel gratis!