Traducción & Definición
to assume: suponer
I assume that you looked over the files before coming to today's meeting? Supongo que ha examinado los archivos para la reunión de hoy, ¿verdad?
to assume (responsibility): asumir (una/la responsabilidad)
Bruno assumes all financial responsibility for the company. Bruno asume toda la responsabilidad financiera de la empresa.
UK: I assumed all responsibility for losing the contract.
US: I assume that's why you were fired.
- "I assume the government doesn't give the elderly a very generous pension, right?"
- "My future plans are to leave the city as soon as possible, assume a new identity and start a new life in a murder-free area."
- "And the beauty of this song is - in case it wins me any bonus points - you can also use it for New Year too, which I assume I'll also be spending alone."
- "I assume you'll want to order 100,000 units?"
- "I assume you both want to go?"
- "Am I correct in assuming that you want to retain my services for the resolution of this... incident."
- "So I assume you'll be taking more this time."
- "I assume you received my email?"
- "Virtually unbreakable, so should be a worthwhile investment (assuming our workers don't steal them to wear as sunglasses)."
Aún tienes dificultades con 'To assume' (Vocabulario inglés)? ¿Quieres mejorar tu Inglés? Haga la prueba de nuestro curso de inglés en línea y reciba una evaluación de nivel gratis!