Vocabulario inglés y traducciones (Ver todos)
The total cost for the hotel room amounts to 5,000 Euros. This includes telephone calls and the mini-bar. El coste total de la habitación de hotel asciende a 5.000 euros. Incluye las llamadas telefónicas y el minibar.
to amount to something in life: llegar a ser alguien (en la vida), llegar a tener éxito
an amount: una suma, un importe, una cantidad
The amount of money spent on the trip was so large that we can't afford to eat this week. Fue tanta la cantidad de dinero que gastamos en el viaje que esta semana no tenemos ni para comer.
UK: I have a large amount of money in the bank.
US: The bill amounted to $15.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Ms. Lohan already sits on our board of trustees, however she is considering investing a large amount of capital in the company, which would allow us to finally purchase the island zoo that Horatio keeps asking for."
- "Icarus : Using high pitch frequencies emitted by the global positioning device in Bruno's helicopter, and then cross referencing them both with the amount of fuel in the helicopter as well as all known latitude and longitudes in both the eastern and western hemispheres, I was able to project Bruno and Susie's trajectory and landing location within one kilometer!"
- "Congratulations on your recent acquisition of an obscene amount of money."
- "Travelling to and from the nearest city is no problem, our airport shuttle service is guaranteed to take the same amount of time as the flight itself."
- "You have a $500 deductible on your comprehensive and collision coverage, meaning that Ouch Insurance will pay for any damages above this amount."
- "The party proceeded to barbecue multiple sausages and prawns on the beach, and consume moderate amounts of beer (300-400 cans)."
- "As you can see, the company has provided the requisite amount of alcohol and sustenance for you to quote unquote 'enjoy yourselves', and yet it still seems that you are not 100% thrilled with the festivities!"
- "Date Expense Description Amount ($) Units Details"
- "Studies show that the current 'traffic light' labelling system - red, amber and green labels representing the amounts of salt, sugar, and fat - for foods on sale in supermarkets is reasonably common, but not effective enough in reducing obesity."
- "This is why you're never going to amount to anything in life, Bruno!"
Aún tienes dificultades con 'Amount'? ¿Quieres mejorar tu Inglés? Haga la prueba de nuestro curso de inglés en línea y reciba una evaluación de nivel gratis!
¿Tienes un truco para recordar la palabra 'Amount'? ¡Comparte con nosotros!