(These) figures (are interesting): Ces chiffres (sont intéressants)
Attention, figure est un faux ami :
Could you send over those figures I asked for? Peux-tu m'envoyer les chiffres que je t'ai demandés?
Kevin earns a six-figure salary. Kevin gagne un salaire à six chiffres.
(to keep one's) figure: (garder) la ligne
I'm trying to watch my figure. J'essaie de surveiller ma ligne.
a (political) figure: une personnalité (politique)
UK: Icarus is a key figure at Delavigne, and obsessed with figures.
US: I keep my figure by exercising twice a day.
- "According to your figures, we've got more than 2 million dollars' worth of Moulin Magic in our central San Francisco warehouse."
- "I'm used to hearing figures like "30,000" from small clients."
- "The auditing team noticed some inconsistencies in Leeson's figures."
- "Tomorrow morning I have to finish an interim financial report, and Kevin still hasn't gotten back to me with the figures I need from the factories in Asia, and I already asked him eight times, and Bruno's going to be furious if the finished report isn't on his desk by 12."
- "Accounting at your level, Icarus, isn't just about figures on a page, it's about having a feel for those numbers, and knowing what they represent in real life."
- "Kevin : The figures you quoted in your emails are very intriguing, Mrs Lee."
- "I would appreciate it if you could check these figures, and get to the bottom of this."
- "Is there an error in the figures?"
- "Those same scientists predict that this figure is likely to increase in coming years."
- "He is a magnetic, popular figure, known as much for his business acumen as he is for his charity work and intense affection for dogs."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'A figure' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !