a record (in sports): un record (sportif)
Pelé has broken many records in the game of soccer. Pelé a battu plusieurs records dans le monde du football.
a (Prince) record: un disque (de Prince)
I have all of the Beatles' records. J'ai tous les disques des Beatles.
a record: un dossier, une archive, une trace
Our records show that you have been consistently late paying your phone bills. Nos archives montrent que vous êtes toujours en retard pour payer vos factures de téléphone.
to record (a new single): enregistrer (un nouveau titre)
- "Make a hit musical record."
- "No one was hurt during the revolution but the country did record its first ever act of violence when the former President's bodyguard was slightly pushed."
- "Bruno : Lastly, on Thursday from 11.45pm until a quarter past midnight, please record the best cooking show on TV – "Sex in the Kitchen"."
- "I don't mention the monkeys and I don't mention the lab records."
- "While I'm gone, I want you to record a few of my favorite television programs. Are you ready to note this down?"
- "You want me to record an album?"
- "Tonight, with a bit of luck, I am going to record the secret lives of the rich and famous!"
- "you eliminate the sound of crackling by wiping the dust from the record and needle with a cloth."
- "Accountants have lots of money, so they can buy our record!"
- "So if you find a pile of records in the garage, don't throw them away!"
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'A record' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !