an ability: une capacité, une compétence
Horatio has a remarkable ability to create fine perfumes. Horatio a cette capacité exceptionnelle de créer des parfums raffinés.
to be able to (do something): être capable de, pouvoir (faire qq chose)
I am able to run 10 miles a day. Je peux courir 10 miles par jour.
UK: Oh no, I've lost the ability to smell!
US: His inability to answer the questions led to his firing.
- "We have a very knowledgeable and efficient staff that will help you to increase your company's ability to be eco-friendly in all areas."
- "Things we DO take into account: Employment history and experience (including references), performance, academic record, competences (knowledge, skill, and abilities), suitability for the job in question."
- "Beyond this, Mr. Feltchenheimer's ability to handle difficult situations with a calm and composed demeanor leads me to believe that he is our most serious prospect."
- "Nevertheless, I feel that this job would be a perfect fit for my skills and abilities, and that I would definitely be a value-added addition to your company."
- "You put your faith in my abilities to make perfumes, and you gave me a chance to have creative control of products with your family's name upon them. And you got me working papers."
- "Doctor von Headcold : I'm afraid... you've lost your ability to smell!"
- "Bruno : I had this terrible dream where I lost my ability to smell!"
- "I have the utmost confidence in Brian's abilities."
- "Right, because I don't have the ability to cause cancer do I?"
- "Bruno named me the interim CEO perhaps because he has more confidence in my ability to lead than, let's say, yours for example."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Ability' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !