to be afraid (of snakes): avoir peur (des serpents)
I'm afraid. J'ai peur.
(I'm) afraid (that he is very sick): (Je) crains (qu'il ne soit très malade)
I'm afraid to say that (your plant is dead): J'ai le regret de vous informer que (votre plante est morte)
- "Samantha : I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you can never hope to replace Sheeba."
- "I'm afraid to say you were right."
- "We've had to lock the door to his hut, I'm afraid."
- "I'm afraid this is also a fight to the death."
- "Brian : I'm afraid that's out of the question."
- "Edward : I appreciate your frustration, Mr Smith, but I'm afraid to say that Delavigne fragrances are not designed to light barbecues."
- "They are trying to break me, Bruno, and I am afraid that despite my rugged, tough exterior, I may not last."
- "I read your CV with interest, but I'm afraid to say we have no suitable vacancies at present."
- "Art dealer : But, I'm afraid to say it's been sold."
- "I've interviewed scores of candidates, and I'm afraid to say that none of them is up to par."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Afraid' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !