closer: plus près, plus proche
My sister is closer to my mother than I am. Ma sœur est plus proche de ma mère que je ne le suis.
Now that I have moved, I live closer to the beach. Maintenant que j'ai déménagé, j'habite plus près de la mer.
close (to): proche (de), près (de), à côté (de)
- "or Las Vegas, but I'd settle for something a little closer to home if the budget won't budge."
- "Despite this isolated incident, I believe that our two cultures are closer than ever, and this is reflected by this collaboration between the perfumers of our two great nations."
- "Who do you think comes closer: the expert who's worked with cows all his life;"
- "In my mind, a birthday is no different than a funeral - both events indicate that you are moving closer to being lowered into the ground."
- "I'm getting closer."
- "Godfather : Closer... (smack) ... What's the matter with you Peter?"
- "As for the fragrance, I'm no expert, but it smells similar enough to merit a closer analysis from our experts."
- "Closer. Closer."
- "Then come closer... closer... not too close!"
- "Closer. Closer. Too close!"
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Closer' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !