to compete (with): rivaliser (avec), se faire concurrence, faire une compétition
As a child, Philip always competed with his siblings for their parents' attention. Quand il était enfant, Philip rivalisait avec ses frères et sœurs pour avoir l'attention de ses parents.
UK: As a child, Philip always competed with his siblings for their parents' attention.
US: I am competing in this year's marathon.
- "Therefore, we are delighted to inform you that you have been selected to compete in the Olympic Games."
- "While Wang has his work cut out for him, the idea that China can compete with the traditional European luxury giants in retail and distribution is no longer a hazy prospect, but now a near certainty."
- "Bruno : No, I'm competing in the Olympics."
- "The samba schools compete to win the main prize."
- "The sun has just risen and I'm here on Ipanema Beach to report on the lovely girls from Ipanema, who are competing in the women's beach volleyball world championship."
- "Horatio : Competing?"
- "Details about the event in which you will be competing are included on the next page."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Compete' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !