the Democratic Party: le parti démocrate (parti de centre-gauche aux États-Unis)
a Democrat: un démocrate, un membre du parti Démocrate (aux États-Unis)
- "Anyhow, your mission for this week, should you choose to accept it, is to learn as much as you can about your colleagues' political views without offending them. For example, is your colleague a Democrat or a Republican?"
- "Jean : Excuse me Philip, are you a Democrat?"
- "America has two political parties: Republican and Democrat."
- "Jean : I have heard that the Democrats are the good guys."
- "Also, and this is very important, the symbol of the Democratic Party is a donkey."
- "The Democrats are also sometimes called "liberals", which originally referred to their strong support of individual rights and liberties."
- "Jean : Bruno, can you tell me about the difference between Democrats and Republicans?"
- "It's actually only the fourth time since 1932 that the Social Democrats haven't held enough seats in the Parliament to lead the government."
- "The Democrats position themselves to the left on issues of economy and social policy."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Democratic party' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !