to depend (on or upon somebody, something): dépendre (de qq'un, de qq chose)
That depends. Ça dépend.
I'm depending on you. Je compte sur toi.
I'm depending on you to drive me to the party tomorrow night. My car has broken down. Je dépends de toi pour aller à la fête demain soir: ma voiture est en panne.
(a) dependable (person): (une personne) fiable, sûre
- "He seems like a solid worker - the kind of guy you can depend on, and he's always free to help you with problems. However, he's sometimes a bit difficult to understand, especially when he's talking about technical issues."
- "Icarus : Stickypedia was created by Willy James in March 2002 - or November 2001 - depending upon which Stickypedia page you look at."
- "-Well that depends on where you want to get to."
- "Janine : It depends on the state but, in general, the payments are stopped after six months."
- "Susie : Well that depends."
- "Brian : Well, that depends."
- "It highlighted the increased attention on corporations who depend on cheap or illegal labor sources to lower production costs."
- "Everything depends on billing - how many hours you spend even thinking about a client."
- "Depending on your views, we'll decide whether or not to pursue these ideas and invest in a full-scale campaign, in conjunction with the R & D department."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Depend' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !