an expenditure: une dépense
UK: Steve's expenditure for his week amounted to $5000!
US: Most of his expenditures were unnecessary, especially the holiday in Tahiti.
- "In lieu of this pointless, frivolous expenditure, I propose a boring meeting at the office at 8.15 am."
- "This sort of expenditure is frivolous and needless."
- "Why don't I come by and do an on-site inspection of the machine to determine if it is a worthwhile expenditure?"
- "I believe we should look into changing banks as soon as possible: staying with our current bank seems to be a foolish expenditure."
- "You see, your proposed budget expenditure..."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Expenditure' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !