a number: un numéro, un nombre, un chiffre
a number of (people didn't come): plusieurs, un certain nombre de (personnes ne sont pas venues)
a (musical) number: un morceau, une chanson
- "Oh, and I'll have a Moo goo gai pan that's a number 44 with extra pancakes."
- "You'd like my private minitel number?"
- "I've selected a number of provocative outfits for the shoot - Japanese schoolgirl, sexy nurse, dark-haired CEO of a perfume company... just to name a few."
- "Icarus : Well, we're lucky to have a number of new recruits in our team. We have a gang of snails who handle our outgoing payments."
- "That's my favorite number, too!"
- "Southside Johnny has been the number two man on the Westside for years now."
- "- There's a couple of numbers missing from your social security..."
- "Number of rooms required: 1"
- "He didn't like the name "Baby number 3"."
- "Please leave your name, number and a detailed message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Number' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !