to waste: gaspiller, perdre
We're wasting time. Nous perdons du temps.
Time's wasting! Le temps file ! On perd du temps !
(toxic) waste: les déchets (toxiques)
a waste (of time): une perte (de temps)
UK: You're wasting your time trying to convince me.
US: The death of those young people was such a waste.
- "In Germany, we have installed colored rubbish bins that contain different types of waste products."
- "This is very important as I plan to cultivate fruits and vegetables and compost my waste."
- "Please allow me to respond to your question with a few questions of my own: why on earth are we wasting valuable work time by addressing such a completely ridiculous issue?"
- "Johns, who has been widely criticised for wasting money on the album, responded to critics yesterday, saying: "You're just jealous because you can't afford to have the Queen of England rap on one of your songs."
- "I, for one, will never ever consider wasting my money on one of these e-book devices."
- "I maintain the balance of fluid in the body by removing waste from the blood and excreting it as urine."
- "You're going to waste the batteries."
- "Ursula : And are you sorting your waste?"
- "It's 5AM and daylight's wasting!"
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Waste' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !