a sort: une sorte, un genre
I'm not used to this sort of party. Je n'ai pas l'habitude de ce genre de soirée.
UK: I'm not used to this sort of party, do I have to get naked?
US: This hat is sort of ordinary, do you have anything else?
- "This sort of expenditure is frivolous and needless."
- "It looked sort of pinkish-brown to me."
- "Hey, what sort of product are you looking for?"
- "Bethany : He is sort of like a cucumber, isn't he?"
- "Clarence : What sort of salad, sir?"
- "This sort of initiative has had remarkable success at such multinationals as Moogle."
- "Susie : And what sort of time-scale would we be looking at?"
- "The folders are a sort of maroon, burgundy color."
- "I don't have the patience to listen to that sort of talk."
- "This question soon became one of Cheeter's favourites: a sort of mantra which he repeated up until his death."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Sort' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !