Tradução & Definição
to argue (over, about something): argumentar, discutir, arguir
Even though your point of view is well-argued, I'm still not convinced. Ainda que a sua ideia esteja bem argumentada, eu ainda não estou convencido.
Philip and Kevin argued over who would pay for dinner for over an hour. Philip e Kevin discutiram por mais de uma hora a respeito de quem iria pagar o jantar
UK: I don't want to argue with you.
US: He argued his point very enthusiastically.
- "You rightly banned Icarus Quincy from the building for arguing that IcarusBot's calculations were less accurate than a human."
- "He argues that "almost everyone performs their best when under stress"."
- "Brian and Donna argue"
- "These terrorists – and I do not think this word is too strong – take issue with the fishing of bluefin tuna, arguing that the bluefin community is suffering terribly from over-fishing."
- "The events took place late last night at a trendy bar in San Francisco's North Beach neighborhood, where witnesses reported seeing an altercation between two men arguing over the television program being shown."
- "Who am I to argue?"
- "They never argue with the referee."
- "Never argue with the customer."
- "Smithson argues that stress starts to pose serious threats such as permanent damage to brain cells (which has linked high stress levels to alzheimer's disease and strokes) and high blood pressure (the link between stress and heart attacks) only when the stress is allowed to build up over a long period of time."
Ainda tem dificuldades com 'Argue' (vocabulário inglês e traduções)? Quer melhorar o seu inglês? Faça o teste de nosso curso de inglês online e receba uma avaliação de nível grátis!