Tradução & Definição
as soon as (possible): o mais breve (possível), o quanto antes, logo que (possível)
As soon as é utilizado da mesma forma que "when", principalmente em frases no futuro simples (concordância de tempos no presente):
As soon as you are finished, we will have lunch. Assim que você terminar, almoçaremos.
Preste atenção à concordância dos tempos verbais (futuro & discurso indireto)
We will proceed as soon as Bruno gets here. Nós continuaremos, assim que Bruno chegar. ((e não will get here)
- "Personally, I intend to achieve my goals as soon as humanly possible, and in one case, as soon as time travel technology permits."
- "I'm probably photocopying or making coffee at the moment, but please leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I get permission to use the phone again."
- "Philip : Just as soon as I'm finished spitting this important message: "Must use toilet immediately, ate burrito for breakfast."
- "As soon as future medical technology has advanced, your body will be defrosted, healed and revived."
- "As soon as you get this message, please meet me in my office immediately."
- "Bruno : Dr. Gilchrist, I arrived as soon as I could."
- "But I think I'll come round to pick it up myself, as soon as I find my artificial leg."
- "I will bring it back as soon as it is finished in the oven."
- "I'll get in touch with you as soon as I can."
Ainda tem dificuldades com 'As soon as' (vocabulário inglês e traduções)? Quer melhorar o seu inglês? Faça o teste de nosso curso de inglês online e receba uma avaliação de nível grátis!