Tradução & Definição
the significance: a importância, a gravidade, a relevância, a magnitude
Atenção, significance é um falso cognato.
I don't think you understand the significance of this law. Acho que você não entendeu a importância desta lei.
significant: importante, sério, considerável, notável
We saw some significant changes in the past few years. Vimos algumas mudanças bastante importantes nos últimos anos.
insignificant: insignificante, irrelevante, trivial
significantly: notavelmente, seriamente, consideravelmente, de forma importante
- "But I don't want this insignificant detail to influence your first impression."
- "15th, tomorrow will make seven (7) weeks since your renovation project "incident" caused significant water damage to the ceiling of my bathroom (i."
- "-Our server is at 99.9% full capacity, which causes significant delay in sending and receiving messages."
- "One of them, rather insignificant: a one dollar cash withdrawal in quarters."
- "We will be allocating significant resources to its development: money, equipment, personnel."
- "I've done a quick calculation of the replacement parts necessary, and the cost would be significantly less than the purchase of a new bicycle, especially since I know of a place where I can get parts second-hand."
- "Brent : Moira, the rate of obesity in America is significantly higher than in any other country in the world."
- "Your groundbreaking work with monkeys in a cruelty-free environment interested me particularly, and their significant role in your daily activities came as a mild surprise."
- "-Offer significant discount on future shipments to all retail partners as an act of good faith for recalled product (cost unknown but likely over $500,000)"
- "The operating costs of this bank are quite significant."
Ainda tem dificuldades com 'Significance' (vocabulário inglês e traduções)? Quer melhorar o seu inglês? Faça o teste de nosso curso de inglês online e receba uma avaliação de nível grátis!