Tradução & Definição
to expect (something to happen): esperar, aguardar (que alguma coisa aconteça)
Mr. Warbuckle was expected in Bruno's office this morning. Nesta manhã a chegada do Sr. Warbuckle era aguardada no escritório de Bruno.
What do you expect from me? O que você espera de mim?
an expectation: uma expectativa, uma esperança, uma previsão, uma perspectiva
Bruno has high expectations of his staff. Bruno tem grandes expectativas sobre sua equipe.
expected: esperado, aguardado
- "You don't expect the staff to sing that every morning, do you?"
- "Free-shipping and "buy one get one free" offers are expected to increase before Christmas."
- "-I wouldn't expect more than a few sprinkles."
- "Young Icarus : Buh, I'm so sorry Mr. Romanonovitch, but it's just that the non-negative variables you suggested for use of X and X squared were a bit more difficult to manipulate than I expected!"
- "That was easier than I expected."
- "Jones is expected in court this morning to hear charges against him. He vehemently denies claims that he passed on top secret information to perfume rivals Kalvin Krime and Grevlon."
- "Young Philip : Hey Quincy, I was with your mom last night and she was less difficult to manipulate than I expected!"
- "He's expecting you at his home studio in Sausalito tomorrow at 3PM."
- "Actually I'm expecting twins!"
- "Specifically, I've been thinking about your highly unrealistic expectations of making it in the music industry."
Ainda tem dificuldades com 'To expect' (vocabulário inglês e traduções)? Quer melhorar o seu inglês? Faça o teste de nosso curso de inglês online e receba uma avaliação de nível grátis!