Traducción & Definición
against: contra, en contra de
I played tennis against Bjorn Borg yesterday. Ayer jugué al tenis contra Bjorn Borg.
I sat down with my back against the wall. Me senté con la espalda contra la pared.
This politician is against abortion. Este político está en contra del aborto.
against the grain a contracorriente
to be against (something): estar en contra de, oponerse a (algo)
I am against this marriage. Me opongo a esta boda.
UK: I'm sitting against a wall.
US: This politician is against capital punishment.
- "It's against the rules."
- "Hands against the wall."
- "Professor Hyppolyte Fabuleux said "Ever since the French flu pandemic of 1873, our nation has worn scarves to protect against the common cold and flu."
- "Since I was no longer covered, my insurance claim against Kalvin Krime was refused, even though the truck driver was the responsible party."
- "In the event of an accident, if someone files a claim against you, you could be liable for thousands of dollars in damages."
- "Hannah : I'd like to discuss the CIA's alleged use of torture techniques against terror suspects."
- "Brian : Well it's against company policy, but just this once..."
- "I have some very important news about the criminal cases against you Mr. Capone."
- "We are against it."
- "Please note that antibiotics are not effective against viruses!"
Aún tienes dificultades con 'Against' (Vocabulario inglés)? ¿Quieres mejorar tu Inglés? Haga la prueba de nuestro curso de inglés en línea y reciba una evaluación de nivel gratis!