Traducción & Definición
(he's) quite (handsome): (es) bastante (guapo)
Note that "quite" can mean both "very" and "rather", depending on its context:
I am quite fond of her. Me gusta mucho.
She is quite smart. Es muy inteligente.
There are quite a few customers complaining. Hay bastantes clientes quejándose.
Those figures don't seem quite right. Esas cifras no parecen del todo correctas.
There are not quite as many guests as there were last time. No hay tantos invitados como la última vez.
(-What a beautiful day!) -Quite!: (¡Qué día tan hermoso!) -¡Cierto!
UK: These strawberries are quite tasty.
US: Yes, they are quite tasty. And not quite as expensive as the last batch.
- "Park Ranger : Yes, quite."
- "God : Hmm, this is quite strange."
- "A fellow student said "Zack was careful not to throw the candy directly at people, but a caramel square did land quite near my foot"."
- "For the first time in a long while, I feel uninspired and quite frankly, I'm tired."
- "Bruno : Yes, it is quite an honor, much more prestigious than Perfume Fest in Utah."
- "I believe he said that Delavigne was "quite content without our sales"."
- "-It's quite alright."
- "The fog greatly obscured visibility and quite frankly, it's a miracle we arrived safely."
- "Susie : Oh, that's quite interesting."
- "But again, it seemed like we weren't quite on the same wavelength."
Aún tienes dificultades con 'Quite' (Vocabulario inglés)? ¿Quieres mejorar tu Inglés? Haga la prueba de nuestro curso de inglés en línea y reciba una evaluación de nivel gratis!