Traducción & Definición
to expect (something to happen): esperar (que algo pase)
Mr. Warbuckle was expected in Bruno's office this morning. Esta mañana se esperaba al Sr. Warbuckle en la oficina de Bruno.
What do you expect from me? ¿Que esperas de mí?
an expectation: una expectativa, una previsión; una esperanza
Bruno has high expectations of his staff. Bruno tiene grandes expectativas hacia su grupo.
- "Specifically, I've been thinking about your highly unrealistic expectations of making it in the music industry."
- "That was easier than I expected."
- "-I wouldn't expect more than a few sprinkles."
- "Actually I'm expecting twins!"
- "He's expecting you at his home studio in Sausalito tomorrow at 3PM."
- "Young Philip : Hey Quincy, I was with your mom last night and she was less difficult to manipulate than I expected!"
- "Free-shipping and "buy one get one free" offers are expected to increase before Christmas."
- "Young Icarus : Buh, I'm so sorry Mr. Romanonovitch, but it's just that the non-negative variables you suggested for use of X and X squared were a bit more difficult to manipulate than I expected!"
- "You don't expect the staff to sing that every morning, do you?"
- "Jones is expected in court this morning to hear charges against him. He vehemently denies claims that he passed on top secret information to perfume rivals Kalvin Krime and Grevlon."
Aún tienes dificultades con 'To expect' (Vocabulario inglés)? ¿Quieres mejorar tu Inglés? Haga la prueba de nuestro curso de inglés en línea y reciba una evaluación de nivel gratis!