Vocabulario inglés y traducciones (Ver todos)
Atención, figure es un falso amigo:
Could you send over those figures I asked for? ¿Puedes enviarme las estadísticas que te pedí?
Kevin earns a six-figure salary. Kevin gana un salario de seis cifras.
(to keep one's) figure: (mantener) la silueta
I'm trying to watch my figure. Estoy tratando de cuidar mi silueta.
a (political) figure: una figura (política)
UK: Icarus is a key figure at Delavigne, and obsessed with figures.
US: I keep my figure by exercising twice a day.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "I'm used to hearing figures like '30,000' from small clients."
- "Those same scientists predict that this figure is likely to increase in coming years."
- "Tomorrow morning I have to finish an interim financial report, and Kevin still hasn't gotten back to me with the figures I need from the factories in Asia, and I already asked him eight times, and Bruno's going to be furious if the finished report isn't on his desk by 12."
- "He is a magnetic, popular figure, known as much for his business acumen as he is for his charity work and intense affection for dogs."
- "The auditing team noticed some inconsistencies in Leeson's figures."
- "I would appreciate it if you could check these figures, and get to the bottom of this."
- "Accounting at your level, Icarus, isn't just about figures on a page, it's about having a feel for those numbers, and knowing what they represent in real life."
- "Kevin : The figures you quoted in your e-mails are very intriguing, Mrs Lee."
- "Is there an error in the figures?"
- "According to your figures, we've got more than 2 million dollars' worth of Moulin Magic in our central San Francisco warehouse."
Aún tienes dificultades con 'A figure'? ¿Quieres mejorar tu Inglés? Haga la prueba de nuestro curso de inglés en línea y reciba una evaluación de nivel gratis!
¿Tienes un truco para recordar la palabra 'A figure'? ¡Comparte con nosotros!