Vocabulario inglés y traducciones (Ver todos)
to insist (on): insistir (en), exigir
to insist on puede ir seguido por un sustantivo o por un verbo terminado en ING.
I won't insist. No insistiré.
I insist that you tell me what he told you. Exijo que me cuentes lo que te dijo.
- "These records are legal documents and Bruno insisted that this laboratory comply with regulations."
- "I insist."
- "Steffi : No, I must insist on the price we agreed on."
- "Bruno insisted I have dinner with one of the Chinese business people who attended my presentation this afternoon: apparently she thought I had a "cute accent" when I spoke Mandarin."
- "Brian : Tomorrow, I've got Susan Bliss in the morning for some PR training, and then Donna Donovan insisted we have lunch together."
- "Susie : As a matter of fact Philip, since you insist on making this a financial issue: immediately after the public became aware of their labor practices, their stock dropped 44% despite a booming stock market."
- "Delavigne, San Francisco's renowned playboy, insisted on piloting the balloon himself, despite having no previous experience flying thermal airships or dirigibles, and smelling of liquor."
- "Apparently my grandfather insisted that I be married before receiving the inheritance."
- "I will of course insist on a good cross-section of society in terms of age, gender, ethnic origin, etc."
- "Moira : So tell us Rupert, what is cricket and why do the English insist on playing it?"
Aún tienes dificultades con 'Insist'? ¿Quieres mejorar tu Inglés? Haga la prueba de nuestro curso de inglés en línea y reciba una evaluación de nivel gratis!
¿Tienes un truco para recordar la palabra 'Insist'? ¡Comparte con nosotros!