Vocabulario inglés y traducciones (Ver todos)
to insist (on): insistir (en), exigir
to insist on puede ir seguido por un sustantivo o por un verbo terminado en ING.
I won't insist. No insistiré.
I insist that you tell me what he told you. Exijo que me cuentes lo que te dijo.
- "Delavigne, San Francisco's renowned playboy, insisted on piloting the balloon himself, despite having no previous experience flying thermal airships or dirigibles, and smelling of liquor."
- "Apparently my grandfather insisted that I be married before receiving the inheritance."
- "These records are legal documents and Bruno insisted that this laboratory comply with regulations."
- "I insist."
- "Moira : So tell us Rupert, what is cricket and why do the English insist on playing it?"
- "Steffi : No, I must insist on the price we agreed on."
- "Brian : Tomorrow, I've got Susan Bliss in the morning for some PR training, and then Donna Donovan insisted we have lunch together."
- "Susie : As a matter of fact Philip, since you insist on making this a financial issue: immediately after the public became aware of their labor practices, their stock dropped 44% despite a booming stock market."
- "Bruno insisted I have dinner with one of the Chinese business people who attended my presentation this afternoon: apparently she thought I had a 'cute accent' when I spoke Mandarin."
- "I will of course insist on a good cross-section of society in terms of age, gender, ethnic origin, etc."
Aún tienes dificultades con 'Insist'? ¿Quieres mejorar tu Inglés? Haga la prueba de nuestro curso de inglés en línea y reciba una evaluación de nivel gratis!
¿Tienes un truco para recordar la palabra 'Insist'? ¡Comparte con nosotros!