Vocabulario inglés y traducciones (Ver todos)
a promise: una promesa
UK: The weather doesn't look very promising for our picnic.
US: I promise to be a good boy.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "I promised her that I would bring Democracy, her daughter, to a small country."
- "The Love Boat promises something for everyone."
- "Steffi : I promise, Philip."
- "I promise you won't regret your choice."
- "After complaining about the weather for half an hour, she told me that she recently handed over a cheque for £90,000 to a 'nice young man', and that in exchange he promised to re-plaster the ceiling in her sitting room. I'm no expert on re-plastering, but this seems like a rather large sum of money."
- "(to hold out for) pie in the sky - (to wait for) a reward promised for the future, like a delicious dessert waiting for you in heaven"
- "So bring me your babies, just label them clearly so that I know which one belongs to whom. No one will get hurt, I promise."
- "We promise that we will try"
- "Horatio : At Joan's grave, I promised to hunt 'Sharky' across the seven seas."
Aún tienes dificultades con 'Promise'? ¿Quieres mejorar tu Inglés? Haga la prueba de nuestro curso de inglés en línea y reciba una evaluación de nivel gratis!
¿Tienes un truco para recordar la palabra 'Promise'? ¡Comparte con nosotros!