Vocabulario inglés y traducciones (Ver todos)
rather: en vez de, mejor dicho
I would rather meet you on Sunday than Saturday. Prefiero quedar contigo el domingo en vez del sábado.
UK: I would rather see you on Sunday than Saturday.
US: I am feeling rather hungry. Can I have a cake?
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Brian : Just a minute, sir, I'm in the middle of a rather important conference call with Europe."
- "I'd much rather travel with the people."
- "I wish you luck with this rather special assignment!"
- "As I get older, however, I must admit, my feelings on family have changed, rather dramatically in fact."
- "That could be rather expensive."
- "After complaining about the weather for half an hour, she told me that she recently handed over a cheque for £90,000 to a 'nice young man', and that in exchange he promised to re-plaster the ceiling in her sitting room. I'm no expert on re-plastering, but this seems like a rather large sum of money."
- "That's rather potent."
- "Rather, food manufacturers will be legally obliged to show a gruesome image of an obese person."
- "I have a rather personal question to ask you."
- "Given the way things degenerated in last year's interview process, I'd rather leave things in your capable hands this time round."
Aún tienes dificultades con 'Rather'? ¿Quieres mejorar tu Inglés? Haga la prueba de nuestro curso de inglés en línea y reciba una evaluación de nivel gratis!
¿Tienes un truco para recordar la palabra 'Rather'? ¡Comparte con nosotros!