Vocabulario inglés y traducciones (Ver todos)
I cannot grant you the permission to come in to work at noon every day. No puedo darle permiso para llegar al trabajo diariamente a las 12 .
a grant: una beca, una subvención, un subsidio
Granted, (he seems friendly, but that could just be an act!): De acuerdo, (parece agradable, pero ¡puede que esté fingiendo!)
UK: I cannot grant you permission to come into work at noon every day.
US: I got a grant from the government to open an orphanage.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Today we've been granted the exclusive opportunity to discover the many secrets of his magnificent, splendiferous, fantabulous, audacious, enormous."
- "Dear Nessie, please grant us the flexibility to stretch our limbs with the fluidity of a single malt whiskey."
- "Rather than simply ignore his mundane request that the Casual Dress Day be changed, I have decided, instead, to grant him his wish."
- "Granted, personal issues should not interfere with job performance, however it is my firm belief that, given time, Doris will regain her previous productivity."
- "Our charismatic and handsome leader has granted us the rare privilege of visiting him in his humble palace."
- "For example, I am proposing a grant of $1m to the Marketing Department to fund a Europe-wide campaign aimed at increasing sales of our mid-range collections."
- "We've been granted an interview with the world famous marine biologist, Doctor Bruno Delavigne."
- "Permission granted."
- "I know there are possibly some laws that grant amnesty to certain illegal immigrants."
Aún tienes dificultades con 'To grant'? ¿Quieres mejorar tu Inglés? Haga la prueba de nuestro curso de inglés en línea y reciba una evaluación de nivel gratis!
¿Tienes un truco para recordar la palabra 'To grant'? ¡Comparte con nosotros!