Traduction About to do something
Traduction & Vocabulaire anglais (Voir nos fiches de vocabulaire anglais)
Vous souhaitez progresser en anglais ? Testez nos cours d'anglais gratuitement !
to be (just) about to do (something): être sur le point de faire (quelque chose)
I was about to leave. I'll stay now that you're here. J'étais sur le point de partir. Je vais rester maintenant que tu es là.
- "You see, a small company listed on NASDAQ is about to announce an important technological breakthrough."
- "You can sit down now Jean, the game is about to start."
- "Luna : I'm just about to."
- "I was just about to give you your wake-up call."
- "Brian : Well, I was just about to phone a hotel to reserve a room for Bruno's trip to New York next month."
- "Right, so then just as I'm about to take off her skirt, my phone rings and it's Michelle, the other girl that I was supposed to see."
- "I think somebody might be about to steal my identity and my money."
- "However, it must be said that we are not about to cut our ties with our current suppliers to enable Delavigne and its subsidiaries to create a skin-care monopoly."
- "We have never given in to thinly veiled threats or strong-arming in the past, and we are not about to start now."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'About to do something' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !
Vous avez une 'combine' pour vous souvenir de 'About to do something' ? Partagez-le avec nous !