to compete (with): rivaliser (avec), se faire concurrence, faire une compétition
As a child, Philip always competed with his siblings for their parents' attention. Quand il était enfant, Philip rivalisait avec ses frères et sœurs pour avoir l'attention de ses parents.
UK: As a child, Philip always competed with his siblings for their parents' attention.
US: I am competing in this year's marathon.
- "The samba schools compete to win the main prize."
- "Bruno : No, I'm competing in the Olympics."
- "Details about the event in which you will be competing are included on the next page."
- "Therefore, we are delighted to inform you that you have been selected to compete in the Olympic Games."
- "Horatio : Competing?"
- "While Wang has his work cut out for him, the idea that China can compete with the traditional European luxury giants in retail and distribution is no longer a hazy prospect, but now a near certainty."
- "The sun has just risen and I'm here on Ipanema Beach to report on the lovely girls from Ipanema, who are competing in the women's beach volleyball world championship."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Compete' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !