Übersetzung & Definition
an arrest: eine Festnahme
There were several arrests following the demonstration. Nach der Demonstration gab es einige Festnahmen.
to be under arrest: unter Arrest stehen
They're under arrest until further notice. Sie stehen bis auf Weiteres unter Arrest.
to arrest somebody: jdn festnehmen
The police arrested the suspect outside his house. Die Polizei nahm die verdächtige Person außerhalb des Hauses fest.
- "Hannah : I'm not under arrest, am I?"
- "Horatio : General, I mean Rainbow Child, am I still under arrest?"
- "It turned out she had a twin sister who used to act in... adult films. The director of one of her films was a friend of a drug dealer who got arrested and put in prison."
- "You are under arrest for detonating a nuclear bomb in the Pacific Ocean."
- "Barry Trotter, the A-list celebrity wizard, was arrested for drunk driving or in this case drunk flying, this morning in central London."
- "Simpson was arrested by police driving at 180 miles an hour with a small horse in the passenger seat."
- "Police : Mr. Warbuckle, you're under arrest for driving under the influence."
- "Bruno : Herbert, I haven't heard from you since you got arrested at that party in Vegas."
- "Oléré was later arrested for public nudity."
- "Trotter, best known for his incredible feats of magic, adorable little smile and the bizarre lightning-shaped scar on his forehead, was arrested after police found the boy circling drunkenly around Nelson's Column in Trafalgar Square."
Immer noch nicht alles klar mit 'Arrested'? Dann probieren Sie doch mal unsere Online-Kurse aus und verbessern Sie spielerisch Ihr Englisch!
Verbessern Sie Ihr Englisch und testen Sie unsere Englischkurse gratis.