Übersetzung & Definition
by (the end of the week): bis spätestens (Ende der Woche)
The results will be announced by Monday. Die Ergebnisse werden spätestens Montag bekannt gegeben.
Cashman should be here by now. Cashman müsste jetzt hier sein.
By the time (you read this, I will be gone): Wenn (du dies liest, bin ich schon weg)
- "If the Intergalactic Tax Office doesn't receive it by midnight, the planet will be destroyed!"
- "Otherwise, give me a chance, and I'll have a report for you by Tuesday."
- "Be ready at the bus depot by 5 AM. Sorry, money is tight right now."
- "Tomorrow morning I have to finish an interim financial report, and Kevin still hasn't gotten back to me with the figures I need from the factories in Asia, and I already asked him eight times, and Bruno's going to be furious if the finished report isn't on his desk by 12."
- "Unless this contract is signed (in duplicate) by tomorrow, we will be forced to withdraw our 2.5 million dollar offer for the branding rights."
- "You must be in the dining room at 7.30 sharp , and have finished eating by 7.45 sharp ."
- "I need, like, three thousand copies by Tuesday!"
- "I want that server by tomorrow, and I'm not taking "No" for an answer!"
- "- You must check out by 8AM on your day of departure."
- "By the time it reaches Brazil, we will have missed the delivery deadline!"
Immer noch nicht alles klar mit 'By the time'? Dann probieren Sie doch mal unsere Online-Kurse aus und verbessern Sie spielerisch Ihr Englisch!
Verbessern Sie Ihr Englisch und testen Sie unsere Englischkurse gratis.