Übersetzung & Definition
(In a) certain (way): (Auf eine) bestimmte (Art und Weise)
Bitte beachten Sie, dass "certain" in diesem Fall immer vor einem Nomen steht.
- "Brian : I'm looking for a certain crown."
- "Susie : Hmmm. I wasn't certain what he was saying, but it sure was strange."
- "I'll leave you a certain amount of leeway in the negotiations, though please use the following figures as a guide"
- "-Remember, there may be times when the customer is wrong about a certain situation."
- "I'm writing to inform you of certain changes to the structure of the company which will be effected very soon."
- "- Never deactivate the firewall we have installed for you, even if it prevents you from accessing certain websites (which are, as it happens, not appropriate for the workplace)."
- "The other day I updated my PalPay account, or I thought I did, but then I read this article on the john this morning, and I'm like 87% certain that I have a virus, and..."
- "You're certain this is the address your son gave you, Horatio?"
- "It may sound like an accident waiting to happen, but certain high-profile university professors are researching powering aircraft with on-board nuclear reactors."
- "With just a few minor tweaks and several hundred billable hours, we are fairly certain that the Delavigne Corporation can restore its reputation at least for a few months - that's the Slick Brand Solutions guarantee*."
Immer noch nicht alles klar mit 'Certain'? Dann probieren Sie doch mal unsere Online-Kurse aus und verbessern Sie spielerisch Ihr Englisch!
Verbessern Sie Ihr Englisch und testen Sie unsere Englischkurse gratis.