Übersetzung & Definition
effectively: wirksam, effektiv
(an) effective (method): (eine) effektive, wirksame (Methode)
The term effective should be distinguished from efficient. An "effective (process)" produces the desired effect or result, while an "efficient (process)" is completed with minimum effort, energy, or waste.
effectiveness: Effektivität, Wirksamkeit
UK: Our marketing campaign has been very effective.
US: Boys, we need to manage our workload more effectively.
- "My name is Cheeter, Philip Cheeter: Director of sales at the Delavigne Corporation, generous, dynamic lover, and most recently, super effective FBI agent."
- "Studies show that the current "traffic light" labelling system - red, amber and green labels representing the amounts of salt, sugar, and fat - for foods on sale in supermarkets is reasonably common, but not effective enough in reducing obesity."
- "Please note that antibiotics are not effective against viruses!"
- "Can a president truly be effective when he has to walk a small dog twice a day?"
- "Remember, you won't get anywhere in life if you don't communicate effectively."
- "Accomplished interviewer and effective conflict manager"
- "In order to prevent the transmission of diseases in the workplace, I have put in place a new initiative that will encourage people to wash their hands after using the bathroom. I am reluctant to reveal too much information regarding the protocol as it may compromise its effectiveness."
- "In the meantime, government researchers across Britain are waiting to see the effectiveness of this new policy."
- "Icarus : Moreover, the money you pay into this plan is tax-free for now, and Delavigne matches part of what you contribute, so you effectively get free money!"
Immer noch nicht alles klar mit 'Effectively'? Dann probieren Sie doch mal unsere Online-Kurse aus und verbessern Sie spielerisch Ihr Englisch!
Verbessern Sie Ihr Englisch und testen Sie unsere Englischkurse gratis.