Übersetzung & Definition
to fear: vor etwas Angst haben, etwas fürchten
I fear that the clients aren't happy. Ich fürchte, dass die Kunden nicht glücklich sind.
a fear: eine Angst, eine Furcht
a fear of heights eine Höhenangst
UK: Clowns and terrorist attacks are my greatest fears.
US: She feared her father when she was younger.
- "The principle reason for my resignation is my fear of being murdered."
- "We've done our best to incorporate new green ideas, but I fear we're only scratching the surface of what could be done."
- "Scientists initially thought that the result was an anomaly, and feared their data was tainted, however repeated testing confirmed that the data was in fact valid."
- "It must not be taken lightly and therefore it must be entered reverently, discreetly, advisedly, soberly, and in the fear of God."
- "The idea is that a man can create a sense of untouchable, unquestionable power around himself simply by wearing the perfect suit: colleagues fear him, bosses respect him and clients trust him. All this, thanks to his suit."
- "Our CEO kindly decided not to press charges, but I fear that one more such incident would tip the balance."
- "Not only did you explicitly disobey my wishes, but somehow you managed to kidnap the most feared judge in California - Frederick F."
- "I fear not only for our safety, but for our sanity."
- "Rupert : Well Brent, the European Commission has expressed fears that the number of fish in the North Sea is running low due to overfishing."
- "Fear of 'manboobs' contributed to the slump in sales of the Kalvin Krime 'Solo' range aimed at the youth market."
Immer noch nicht alles klar mit 'Fear'? Dann probieren Sie doch mal unsere Online-Kurse aus und verbessern Sie spielerisch Ihr Englisch!
Verbessern Sie Ihr Englisch und testen Sie unsere Englischkurse gratis.