Übersetzung & Definition
(she) no longer (dances): (sie tanzt) nicht mehr
No longer entspricht "any longer", allerdings wird es ausschließlich in positiven Aussagen verwendet:
They are no longer together. Sie sind nicht mehr zusammen.
(she doesn't sing) any longer: (sie singt) nicht mehr
Any longer entspricht "no longer", allerdings wird es ausschließlich in verneinten Aussagen und Fragen verwendet:
I can't take it any longer! Ich habe genug! Ich halte das nicht mehr aus!
Is he planning to stay any longer? Hat er vor, noch länger zu bleiben?
- "I no longer care about the age difference between us."
- "No longer making statements about America winning back-to-back world wars"
- "I should never have returned to Europe: me and my kind are no longer welcome."
- "You're no longer working in the canteen!"
- "Your performance on memory tests has impressed me from afar, and truly, when you checked the box marked "No need to review", it was then that I realized I could no longer keep my deep admiration for you a secret."
- "Only three candidates remain, and although I can no longer remember what job these people are applying for, they must be very good at something to make it to this stage, which is very encouraging."
- "Horatio and I are no longer partners."
- "That's in the United Kingdom, which today is no longer so united."
- "If Gidyeon decides to slash his prices again, I promise you that we will no longer do business with him, and we will consider legal action against him. I've learned from my sources that this liquidation sale was only advertised online for a few days, and that the page views on the website were modest, so I hope that your sales weren't adversely affected."
- "Anything below that and we no longer do business with you."
Immer noch nicht alles klar mit 'No longer'? Dann probieren Sie doch mal unsere Online-Kurse aus und verbessern Sie spielerisch Ihr Englisch!
Verbessern Sie Ihr Englisch und testen Sie unsere Englischkurse gratis.