Übersetzung & Definition
(There are three) people (in the room): (Es sind drei) Leute (im Raum)
"People" is a collective noun often used as the plural form of "person" (rather than "persons").
The people are hungry. Die Leute haben Hunger.
a people: ein Volk
(There are too many) people (here): (Es sind zu viele) Menschen (hier)
- "Alright, 682 people down, and only 2 more people to apologize to."
- "We're joined by the people with strangest accents in all of San Francisco, and maybe the world."
- "Let's show these people what you can really do!"
- "They are a source of mystery, curiosity and even obsession for people across the world(s)."
- "I don't want people feeling sorry for me."
- "Bruno : We've had equal rights for black people, Spanish-Americans, women, the disabled, gays, even disabled gays."
- "Dad : Oh, believe me, I grew up with Grandpa Xavier, and plenty of people think he's weird."
- "All : Some people stand by the water"
- "Some people sit on a blanket"
- "Today, as my personal assistant Brian Jones and I explored this city and talked to the native people, I was struck by the differences between our two countries."
Immer noch nicht alles klar mit 'People'? Dann probieren Sie doch mal unsere Online-Kurse aus und verbessern Sie spielerisch Ihr Englisch!
Verbessern Sie Ihr Englisch und testen Sie unsere Englischkurse gratis.