Übersetzung & Definition
to take over: an die Macht kommen, die Kontrolle übernehmen
We're thinking about taking over this company if their sales continue to drop. Wir denken darüber nach, dieses Unternehmen zu übernehmen, wenn ihre Verkäufe weiterhin sinken.
a takeover: eine Übernahme
We want to handle the takeover as smoothly as possible. Wir möchten die Übernahme so reibungslos wie möglich abwickeln.
UK: I will take this company over, then give it to my daughter.
US: I hope the takeover runs smoothly.
- "I have held this position for more than ten years, but am just now taking over your account from Luke Gabriels, who has moved on to other challenges in this industry."
- "I expected this answer, which is why my team of lawyers is working in shifts, planning a hostile takeover of your companies."
- "Takeover coincided with the mysterious disappearance of company president Sum-Young Kai."
- "The takeover was an unexpected blow to the family-run business that could mark the end of a century of locally-tailored Italian couture."
- "Xavier taught me the perfume trade because he wanted me to take over his business, and carry on his legacy."
- "At least that was the case until last week, when one of the most controversial takeovers in Italian history took place."
- "Despite appearances to the contrary, the takeover is completely legitimate, and cannot be challenged in a court of law."
- "As an emerging designer in 1950's France, Patrice took over the struggling fashion house of his mentor, Frederich Lundqvist, and restored it to respectability before launching his own fashion house with the financial backing of American investors."
- "What began as the dream of two ambitious Italian youths in Tuscany ended suddenly and brutally in a Milan boardroom last week when it was announced that fashion house Dulce and Carpaccio had been taken over by Sylvio Mazerati."
- "Edward : Hi, this is Edward Moon, I'm not here right now because I'm taking part in a secret plot to overthrow the robots that have taken over the Delavigne Corporation - boooo!"
Immer noch nicht alles klar mit 'Take over'? Dann probieren Sie doch mal unsere Online-Kurse aus und verbessern Sie spielerisch Ihr Englisch!
Verbessern Sie Ihr Englisch und testen Sie unsere Englischkurse gratis.