Vocabulario inglés y traducciones (Ver todos)
(it costs 20) pounds: (cuesta 20) libras (esterlinas)
to pound: dar golpes (con un martillo), recalcar (una decisión)
UK: This skirt only cost two pounds.
US: I was pounded on the head by a three-hundred-pound boxer.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "In the last five years, the pound has risen 34 per cent against the dollar, including 10 per cent in the past 12 months."
- "Pounds and ounces!"
- "Talk to me in pounds and ounces please."
- "My darling wife, Sophie, gave birth to the seven-pound two-ounce cutie at 3 o'clock yesterday afternoon."
- "The market has been driven by an exchange rate that has risen above two dollars to the pound for the first time since the early 1980s."
- "Imagine having hundreds of millions of pounds to gamble every day."
- "250 pounds is about 114 kilograms, Jean."
- "The market has been driven by an exchange rate that has risen above two dollars to the British pound for the first time since the early 1980s."
- "Shoshana, who weighs 350 pounds (160 kilograms) and has a history of violence, will be put to sleep early next week."
Aún tienes dificultades con 'Pound'? ¿Quieres mejorar tu Inglés? Haga la prueba de nuestro curso de inglés en línea y reciba una evaluación de nivel gratis!
¿Tienes un truco para recordar la palabra 'Pound'? ¡Comparte con nosotros!