Übersetzung & Definition
(These) figures (are interesting): (Diese) Zahlen (sind interessant)
Could you send over those figures I asked for? Kannst du mir diese Zahlen senden, um die ich dich gebeten habe?
Kevin earns a six-figure salary. Kevin verdient ein sechsstelliges Gehalt.
(to keep one's) figure: die Linie (bewahren)
I'm trying to watch my figure. Ich versuche, auf meine Figur zu achten.
a (political) figure: eine (politische) Person
UK: Icarus is a key figure at Delavigne, and obsessed with figures.
US: I keep my figure by exercising twice a day.
- "According to your figures, we've got more than 2 million dollars' worth of Moulin Magic in our central San Francisco warehouse."
- "I would appreciate it if you could check these figures, and get to the bottom of this."
- "Those same scientists predict that this figure is likely to increase in coming years."
- "Is there an error in the figures?"
- "Tomorrow morning I have to finish an interim financial report, and Kevin still hasn't gotten back to me with the figures I need from the factories in Asia, and I already asked him eight times, and Bruno's going to be furious if the finished report isn't on his desk by 12."
- "He is a magnetic, popular figure, known as much for his business acumen as he is for his charity work and intense affection for dogs."
- "The auditing team noticed some inconsistencies in Leeson's figures."
- "I'm used to hearing figures like "30,000" from small clients."
- "Accounting at your level, Icarus, isn't just about figures on a page, it's about having a feel for those numbers, and knowing what they represent in real life."
- "Kevin : The figures you quoted in your emails are very intriguing, Mrs Lee."
Immer noch nicht alles klar mit 'A figure'? Dann probieren Sie doch mal unsere Online-Kurse aus und verbessern Sie spielerisch Ihr Englisch!
Verbessern Sie Ihr Englisch und testen Sie unsere Englischkurse gratis.